It seems unlikely, but is it possible that the sound quality output from
the Squeezebox (SB2 in my case) has improved with SlimServer 6.5.0?
The reason I ask is that I heard a definite improvement when I upgraded
to 6.5.0, using coax digital out from SB2 into digital in on my Bryston
SP1.7 - my prefered method of connection.
Tonight I went one step further and also connected the SB analogue
outputs to the Bryston's analogue inputs, as well as the digital
connection as before.
I played several of my usual test tracks and switched the Bryston
between digital in and analogue bypass while the music was playing.
I'm damned if I could hear a difference, whereas previously when using
6.5b1, the digital output into the Bryston was clearly superior to the
analogue connection.
Has anybody else noticed an improvement in the SB's sound quality using
6.5.0, or am I going nuts?  Could external DACs now be redundant?

--
afblaster