krochat;140754 Wrote:

> I've been wondering why the Vitec 67Z6700 was chosen for the
> Transporter since the measurements for the Scientific Conversions are
> about twice as good. I'm sure Sean has a good reason I haven't thought
> of.

I'm not sure which measurements you're talking about but the Scientific
Conversion parts were not the best I tried. I am aware that they have a
great reputation but in my testing the vitec measured lower jitter - we
tried several other makes as well.  The other difficulty with SC is that
while they're popular for aftermarket mods, it was very difficult to get
commitments for production quantity parts from them (long lead times and
they'd only take paypal!). I could have spent more time with their
engineers trying to improve the performance, but it didn't look too
hopeful. It's a small local company which obviously does not run their
own fab for these things.... not a comfortable situation when we have
to commit to a part for long term, volume production.  I  certainly
wouldn't hesitate to try them again for other things though.

--
seanadams