opaqueice;143087 Wrote:
> What's so silly about it?  There might be a problem with syncing, it's
> true...  anyone know know how big timing variations are in the SB
> clocks?  They would need to be less than, say, 10^{-6} - that would
> mean that after an hour of playing one track the timing would be off by
> the time it takes sounds to travel a meter - should be fine.
>
> But 10^{-6} is probably unrealistic.  One way to test this (if you have
> one SB) is to load up softsqueeze, sync it to the SB, and play a long
> track.

Reading posts on here has led me to believe that you can get
differences in the order of seconds within a couple of hours of
playback. So maybe 10^-4 is a conservative estimate? That's why the
players resync on each track break. Which, incidentally, would mean
your 2 player setup would be unable to do anything gapless.

--
radish