CardinalFang;143564 Wrote:
> Listening tests are the most important part after you have the main
> design right. If it measures great and sounds rubbish, then you haven't
> got the design right and aren't measuring the right things.
>
> Please go back and read my original comments - they don't say listening
> tests aren't important, but they do say that designs and measurement are
> vital as a basis. You seem insistant that I don't value listening tests
> and only want to see numbers, that is not the case. I value both types
> of measurement.
>
> And the A class is a very successful car, so it has plenty of use to
> Mercedes. A design flaw was corrected and now they have a popular car
> to sell. Why do you keep using a highly successful vehicle as a sign of
> failure?

I think it is clear that measuring methods or devices have not yet been
developed that can measure all possible variables which affect the final
audio quality. These perfect methods would not only have to take into
account the device itself but all possible permutations of individual
ear structures and other variables of audio perception. So perhaps we
are back to the influences of quarks, leptons and other subatomic
particles, he,he,he.....

--
rajacat