adamslim;145610 Wrote:
> Thanks guys, I'll look at getting one :)
>
> One question: what impact would mains conditioning have on such a power
> supply?  I would have thought that it should be zero, as it itself is a
> filter.  Is that what people have found in practice?  Or is my theory
> hopelessly flawed here? :)

A theory that has popped up (not confirmed or refuted) is that the
standard wallwart is more suspectible to bad mains than the alternative
ones; so when you have conditioned mains it doesn't make any
difference.

I find that my PSU sound clearly better than the standard wallwart, and
I don't have conditions mains...

--
tomsi42

SB3, Rotel RC-1070/RB-1070, dynaBel Exact, Kimber Kable 4TC and Timbre.