Of course it's the right forum, we're nice people :)

Audiolab stuff I know well.  The 8000A worked but was rather dull,
seeming to over-analyse the music without presenting it coherently.
You could hear detail, but it didn't really sound like a group playing
instruments together.  Not bad for the price, but Cyrus and Arcam were
better, IMO.

As they got more expensive they actually got worse.  The 8000M
monoblocks were terribly dull-sounding; the Ps were better than the Ms,
bizarrely.  Their latter stuff (like the 8000S) was better.

So the Audiolab is OK but uninspiring to me.  In the absence of knowing
anything about your system, I can offer the following ebay gems:

There's a nice Musical Fidelity A100 for £20 (!), which you can fry
eggs on, although if you really want fun, there's an EAR 859 just like
I've got - this is a truly excellent amp, 13W of total single ended
bliss.  They normally go for about £700.  They're so lovely that I'm
often tempted to get another and bi-amp, even though I know it'll
hardly make any difference :)

Re interconnects just make sure you get something with decent plugs,
like the Eichmann bullets, so you get a good contact, and make sure
they're clean.  I am most sceptical about spending ££££ on cables.  I
just like lots of copper and minimal spin.

HTH

Adam

--
adamslim

SB3 and Shanling CDT-100, Rotel RT-990BX, Esoteric Audio Research 859,
Living Voice Auditorium IIs, Nordost cables