Cheers everyone.

The Chorus is a very tight fit...sometimes I think it might actually
break the sockets when I fit it! Will get some cleaner tho.

Well I'll see what the Audiolab stuff gets to, there's an 8000S and an
8000LX I've found so I'll see. The reviews I've read seem to point it
as good for the sort of sound I'm after and for the price I'm willing
to give it a shot! Speakers are only KEF Coda 9s (circa 1997ish) but so
far with every upgrade they've held their own and the bass is really
tight...at some point I'll get new speakers but not yet.....house to
buy, car to sort first :)

--
probedb

Paul.