tyler_durden;146178 Wrote:
> The ideal remote will have a display that shows the library tree
> structure (or whatever the person has used) and then the song titles,
> cover art, etc. so that one doesn't have to squint to see the text
> display on the SB across the room.
>
> In other words, the display on the SB becomes redundant, and the remote
> shows the server's web interface.  That functionality is already
> available via wireless PDAs and laptop computers (like the sooloos
> display).
>
> Maybe you can get Palm to make a PDA bundled with the Slimserver
> interface software, then make the SB4 without any display, or maybe
> just a cheap LCD- but then it will be like some of its competitors.
>
> TD

That is absolutely not what I meant.

First, to take a PDA, to find the right software, to install and
configure it - it's all right for geeks like me, but totally off the
line for many my audiophile pals.

Second, ergonomically, there is no PDA that as convenient as a well
designed remote, such as Logitech Harmony. So in spite I have no
problems with PDAs and such, I still want a real remote.

Third, user interface must be comfortable. Anyone who designed user
interfaces for enterprise applications knows what negative impact an
excess of information may produce on perception of the end user. So
remote must be simple. Trees and too much details on that small screen
will simpy make it unacceptable for most of people.

--
325xi

simaudio nova cdp >> simaudio moon i-5 >> revel performa m20 via
acoustic zen matrix reference ii and acoustic zen satori

-planned additions: sb3 >> deq2496 >> lavry da-10 >> ... or will it be
transporter?-