Hello,
I'm sorry to have to do this but I am very flummoxed indeed.
I have a Transporter on order and I am looking forward to reducing mu
HiFi.
I want to rung the Transporter directly into my NAIM Nap180 power amp
and do away with my Benchmark1 DAC and NAIM NAC102 preamp.

However, recent talk about Squeezebox white noise of death and
amplifier input impediences have made me wonder if what I'm proposing
is wise.

I have two questions I'd really be grateful of some help with:

1) Am I right to think that the best way to configure a Transporter for
use as a preamp is to use some sort of internal jumpers or something to
ensure that total output can never exceed the input requirement of the
power amp? And then I have to fiddle about with the software stuff to
work out what this optimal level is?  You can tell I am confused can't
you??

2) I can't tell if the Transporter outputs what I need for the power
amp I have presently. I've read the posts, but the spec of my amp
doesn't seem make it clear (it seems a bit bereft of the details I
require perhaps?). This is it - Naim NAP180:

Power output: Continuous, 8 ohms 60 watts per channel
Transient 300VA
Voltage gain +29dB
Input impedance 18 kilohms
Frequency response -3dB @ 3Hz & 50kHz

Any help very appreciated indeed!

MC

--
ModelCitizen

Now what?

Squeezebox3 (linear PSU) > Benchmark Dac1 > Naim NAC 82 > Naim NAP 250
> Shahinian Arcs. Plus other irrelevant, superfluous and annoying black
boxes.
Music catalog: http://modelcitizen.mine.nu/music.txt