azinck3;149434 Wrote:
> Good tip, Mark.  I may have to pick a couple of those up at that
> price...

A few caveats: it needs about an amp of current to switch.  Initially
my receiver would not trigger it, but the device "burned in" and it
does this reliably now (?)  I don't think the Squeezebox or the
Transporter would be enough to trigger it.

Be careful when it's at its trip threshold because it may "bounce".  I
did that once when I plugged my laptop into the outlet, it switched on
and off rapidly and ended up blowing the line fuse in the amp.

I'd imagine the Xantech device is similar - it's really the same
technology.  Perhaps it has a lower trip point though, which would be
useful.

--
Mark Lanctot