Mark Lanctot;149444 Wrote:
> A few caveats: it needs about an amp of current to switch.  Initially my
> receiver would not trigger it, but the device "burned in" and it does
> this reliably now (?)  I don't think the Squeezebox or the Transporter
> would be enough to trigger it.
>
> Be careful when it's at its trip threshold because it may "bounce".  I
> did that once when I plugged my laptop into the outlet, it switched on
> and off rapidly and ended up blowing the line fuse in the amp.
>
> I'd imagine the Xantech device is similar - it's really the same
> technology.  Perhaps it has a lower trip point though, which would be
> useful.

Thanks for the warning...I had assumed it wouldn't work with a
squeezebox.  If I recall correctly, the current drawn by a SB is about
the same regardless of state which makes sense considering that on/off
is not meaningful to the SB in a hardware sense.

I have a few other things for which I'd find it useful.  An amp seems
like a lot to me, though...

--
azinck3