I bought the Elpac with the DIN connector and had it modded by Wayne at
BolderCables.com.  Cost of the mod was $85 including shipping to me (I
had Digikey ship the Elpac directly to Bolder Cable), so the total
expense was about $130.  The mod details are described on his website;
they include changing the connector so it fits the SB.

I was a former mod skeptic - this was my first mod - but can say it was
worth every penny.  More natural sound, better instrument separation,
stronger bass.  His price goes up $15 on November 1, so if you're going
for this mod, buy it before then.

--
JohnnyLightOn