Oh, please, would you just relax?  I'm not saying they're not legitimate
-- Bob Neill, with whom I sometimes disagree, has written some great
reviews.  I think some of their reviewing techniques can be a bit
silly, though (the score cards) and, like any rag, there's a lot of
fluff.

I am not pumping anything.  I don't need to.  In fact, you are not even
in my marketplace.

Lavry?  Good point.  Currently, it is pretty much the most highly
regarded DAC amongst mastering studio types.   Very little experience?
Okay, I guess that 25 years of pretty serious audiophile time doesn't
count for much -- but, how would you know?  I mean, Raja, listen to
yourself -- you're going around and making assumptions, as facts, about
people you have never met.

The PSU for the Squeeze Box isn't really defective.  Defective, Raja,
means that it does not work.  It works and, for $300, the SB is an
incredible package.  Of COURSE it can be improved upon.  Sean Adams is
the first to admit that one of the things he worked hard on was a
significantly upgraded power section for the Transporter.  According to
these ears, and many others, he succeeded.

Look, would you please read my posts?  I agree with you that there is a
legitimate area for mods.  I commended you -- I was positive toward you,
in a way you seem to be incapable of being toward people whom you have
decided not to like -- for your skills.  But, the fact remains that
mods are a small, teeny-tiny sliver of the market.  Tiny.  People spend
tens of thousands of dollars on audio and don't mod one single item.
I've never heard of people going at McIntoshes, ARCs, or what have you
with a soldering iron -- or at least not in any numbers that count.
The same goes for slim products.  The majority of users don't get into
this. They are happy with what they have.  If you're into it, then more
power to you.  But, please, quit being so defensive and insulting.  It's
annoying and you're managing to wreck, once again, a perfectly
interesting thread.

I hope you find some peace.

--
highdudgeon