When I connected my Squeezebox to my Bose Lifestyle system using the
analogue connections and the lead that came with the Squeezebox I was
very disappointed with the quality of sound.

Switching to the digital output into the the D/A converter on my
Lifestyle it was much better - as I would have expected.

Initially I put this down to the D/A converter inside the Squeezebox
not being as good quality as the Bose one, however having read more
about the Burr Brown D/A converter I may have been to quick to make
that conclusion.

I would like to move back to using the analogue outputs and am thinking
about buying a high quality phono cable to make the connection.

Before I do, I am interested to see if anyone else has had any
experience in comparing the Squeezebox D/A converter with an external
one.  In short, was my sound disappointment purely cable related????

--
oliver_guy