sam500;152646 Wrote:
> Any amps generally considered to be outstanding in my price range will
> give me a good place to start listening looking. Any suggestions?

Well, obviously, as a dealer, I'm biased towards the brands that I
sell...but beyond those, I think you should be looking at one of the
prominent class D amps (eg. Bel Canto, NuForce, etc).  In your price
range, I think these types of amps are a really nice option to deliver
a lot of decent power (which the Paradigms like).  I'm not on the
bandwagon that thinks these Class D amps are the end-all (yet), but I
do think you have to start spending a lot more to get a traditional
solid state amp to sound significantly better than these...

--
PhilNYC

Sonic Spirits Inc.
http://www.sonicspirits.com