topa;152977 Wrote:
> Hi!
> Well of course the situation is different with an external DAC! I was
> talking about the sole SB3 with analogue out!
> I have a Densen Amp here, with Linn KanII speakers. Presently, I am
> also using a DAC (NOS by Derek Shek) to make the SB3 listenable, and am
> gathering information wether to buy a Benchmark or Lavry DAC or go for
> the Transporter.
>
> Cheers,
> Topa.

Why limit your choice to the Lavry or the Benchmark? There are other
dacs which are getting very good reviews. Check out this thread
discussing the Altman dac.
http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/index.php?topic=27699.0
The Mhdt dac is also getting very good reviews.
http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0406/mhdt_laboratory_dac.htm

I own the Mhdt "Constantine" and it made a huge improvement in the SQ
over the stock SB.

Raja

--
rajacat