P Floding;153399 Wrote:
> Power Supply Rejection Ratio?
> Anyway, what sort of an argument are you putting forward?
> I'm right so I'm right..
>
> I've read very knowledgable people claim that ASRC embeds the jitter in
> the new upsampled stream. I've read a fair bit of information
> technology, and the reasoning behind this conlusion seemed perfectly
> reasonable to me.

You may be reading, but you are not understanding, or you're just being
stubborn. My point about PSRR is that rejection does not have to be all
or nothing. It can be quantified. AD1896 rejects practically all of the
jitter on the input. Yes, you can always argue that it's not complete
rejection. That is correct, but it's just so misleading to say it
"embeds jitter in the output signal". That makes it sound as if it is
done intentionally. Maybe that is what you think, I don't know.

What really bothers me is that the "truthiness" of your comments are
likely (nay, typically) enough to convince ~90% of wannabe audiophiles
to spend thousands of unecessary dollars.

--
ezkcdude

DIY projects page:
http://www.ezdiyaudio.com

System:
SB3->EZDAC->MIT Terminator 2 interconnects->Endler Audio 24-step
Attenuators (RCA-direct)->Parasound Halo A23 125W/ch amplifier->Speltz
anti-cables->DIY 2-ways + Dayton Titanic 10" subwoofer

He's not hi-fi, he's my stereo.