ezkcdude;153406 Wrote:
> You may be reading, but you are not understanding, or you're just being
> stubborn. My point about PSRR is that rejection does not have to be all
> or nothing. It can be quantified. AD1896 rejects practically all of the
> jitter on the input. Yes, you can always argue that it's not complete
> rejection. That is correct, but it's just so misleading to say it
> "embeds jitter in the output signal". That makes it sound as if it is
> done intentionally. Maybe that is what you think, I don't know.
>
> What really bothers me is that the "truthiness" of your comments are
> likely (nay, typically) enough to convince ~90% of wannabe audiophiles
> to spend thousands of unecessary dollars.

Rejection RATIO is, of course, something different to "rejects".
It's a numer. Doesn't imply infinite rejection, at all. On the
contrary.

Embedding of jitter is not done intentionally, neither is it something
I have invented. It is, claims those who know a lot, a side effect of
asynchronous sample rate conversion. ASRC is in effect a digital
implementation of a D/A->A/D step. Such as step will pass jitter
artifacts through, as you can imagine.

--
P Floding