Hi there,

New to this forum and as a new owner of a SlimDevices product I can
only say that for almos $2000 for the Transporter you would it to
deliver and it does.

I have mine hooked up to a Krell KAV-400xi by a pair of expensive
balanced kables. The Krell is then pumping a pair of Von Schweikert
VR-4jr by kabels with active shield.

I really think that the DAC in the Transporter sounds really nice I
know there is a whole bunch of nice DACs out there right. But you have
to choose "one" and what ever the "one" is you will end up with a
possibility to have choosen then "wrong" DAC and the story goes on.

The reason to why I bought the Transporter is that I wanted it to be
hooked up using the balanced option. And I wanted a for the future
machine that can deliver streaming Audiophile quality sound for the
future. There is no doubt that this type of sound streaming and or
movie streaming is the future.

Take Microsoft for example on November 22 2006 they will launch a new
section to XBox Live for the XBox 360 and deliver HD compatible video
and ondemand content. At this point Microsoft could be a competitor to
major broadcasting networks all over the world by utilizing the
Internet as network. Not revolutionary this has been known to happen in
quite some time now but still think about it for a second. Its kinda
huge everyone can now setup a video on demand site or why not a
streaming music site. The only problem still to solve is the user
rights issue and it will be solved its just a matter of time now. But
what ever the box I would always be more comfortable with a special
unit designed just for the music.
The Transporter is that device.

I have tried Pandora.com for a while using the Transporter and it works
like a charm the only "problems" I have run into is when the Transporter
interface doesnt react accordingly when network seem to be failing
slightly. It stalls and the display isnt responding like most network
products or software its a regular issue. And it can be fixed. But the
sound of the machine is really really good. At least in my ears it
sounds great.

Soo the next thing now is to try to get my hands on some FLAC material
that is sampled and saved from an SACD material. To really have the
Transporter working. Will write back my comments on that when it
happens.

Cheers,
Christopher

--