highdudgeon, you nailed it.  I just want a high quality TV interface.  A
laptop would be fine bc I always have mine with me on the couch
(workaholic).
My system: yamaha rx-v2700 receiver, 60inch Sony SDRX tv, sony cd
changer, 5 klipsch and 2 cambridge soundworks speakers.

I cant stand changing the song with the SB3 display.

the SB3 can connect my receiver to the network but what do I do with
that?  can the receiver help me call up an interface on the TV (which
is hdmi connected to the receiver).

How can I use Harmony or J. River to control SS and have that interface
either on my laptop as I sit on the couch or on the TV?

Thanks.

--
Dan360