I just skimmed the post so please don't flame me if I missed
something...

I use both my Sony PSP hand held and my laptop to control my SB3 and
Transporter. There is an extensive step by step thread but it's
basically opening up your browser of choice and setting up a favorite
that looks something like this http://(the Slim Server IP address):(the
server default port)/, it would look somethign like this
http://192.173.1.6:9002/. The server IP can be found at the bottom of
the Slim Server home/basic settings screen on the host computer and the
port is a user selected from the home/Network screen. You can use any of
the included skins and other skins you can get online. There are many
threads here that do a much better job of explaining this.

On the subject of the McIntosh music server, most of my system is Mac
(MX119 pre, MC207 amp, MVP861 universal player and MDA1000 dac - fed by
a Transporter) so I can attest to the excellent Mac build quality and
I'm very happy with how my system sounds. The Mac music server is a
great piece and sounds fantastic; some folks are running into storage
limitations with the 300G drive but the TV interface is very, very
nicely done.

Take care!

--
FZfan