I don't think I have ever heard of a Lavry product referred to as
"mediocre."  Considering these are some of the most respected -- and
used, especially by the classical crowd -- DACs in mastering studios
says rather a lot about their quality.   These are professional, not
audiophile, products (with one exception, and it costs $8k) and they
are priced sanely.  They are also meant to perform at the highest
possible levels.  Do you honestly think you will find a DAC that is in
some substantive way superior to the equipment used to record the
sound?

--
highdudgeon

Relax.  It's about the music.