P Floding;156955 Wrote:
> "Known science"?
> I don't think anyone ever has to "prove" why they have certain
> preferences. It is just absurd to demand from people to "prove"
> opinions. Sure, one can point out that there seems to be no scientific
> support for certain views, but going from there to actually demanding
> proof?
>
> Looking back in history we now know that the people who told off
> "subjectivists" has in most cases been proven wrong, once the
> measurements and evidence gathering had caught up with "just
> listening". I only wish the nay-sayers would learn from history, and
> show just a little bit more restraint in their slagging off efforts.

Some tweaks really _do_ contravert known science (little stones that
magically make your room better). Some don't.

And I'm not asking you to prove anything to me unless you try to sell
me something. :)

Again, most sceptics with any engineering background are cognizant of
the fact that there are things we can't measure. Hence, the reliance on
listening tests. All that many sceptics ask is that the tests be
controlled for placebo effect.

As far as the "subjectivists" being proven correct in every instance,
this is errant nonsense. And pointing to someone who claimed that all
amps sound the same and saying, "see, this is a typical sceptic" is
simply making a straw man argument.

--
totoro

squeezebox 3 -> mccormack dna .5 -> audio physic tempo 4