P Floding;156939 Wrote:
> Is it?
> It certainly isn't a holiday here.
> Which brings up the other aspect of endless wisecracking: It tends to
> narrow the public to a geografically and culturally close group.

Come on P, aren't you taking this too seriously?
Humor is much more pleasant than a flame. There may be some cultural
differences between British and American humor but I am sure you can
figure it out.
Do you really think the readers on this forum aren't smart enough to
get humor when they read it. Do you really underestimate them so much?

Some of your posts seem almost to advocate censorship. I would rather
suffer flames and humor rather than censorship.

Frankly, I have much enjoyed the funny posts in this
thread............they don't take much time to read and provide some
comic relief.

BTW I am very much a subjectivist and have followed your tweaks with
interest.

I think making jokes about  subjectivists and objectivists  is just
fine........life is a lot easier when you can laugh about it.

--
tomjtx