Actually, Robert Greene (the reviewer) did this test -- he is an
accomplished violinist -- with himself as the subject playing between a
set of Dali Megalines.  The result: uncanny.  An observer, including
himself, could barely tell the one from the other.

This just says so much about speakers and speakers that really get it
right.  Having forty grand on hand for your audio budget doesn't hurt,
either!   My short list of truly great speakers with which I have a
good bit of experience are: Harbeth Monitor 40s, Dali MS5es, Dali
Megalines, McIntosh XRT 28s, Gradient Revolutions, any Quad ESL, any
Sound Lab, and one or two others.  Their trick is that, with one
exception (the Harbeth) they are fairly immune to room interaction
problems, at least when properly positioned (IE, electrostatics need to
be away from the wall).  Dali makes wonderful speakers.

There are many others.  I've heard Wilsons and really like them, for
instance, but I don't have enough sit-down time with them to comment.

--
highdudgeon

Relax.  It's about the music.