I'd like to make an observation about the change in attitude we've seen
from Sean. Not very long ago, his postings were just about as friendly
as you could possibly hope to read. His tolerance of pretty much every
tweak and mod to the SB, no matter how nutty, was absolutely
remarkable. Recently, and particularly in this thread, he seems to have
become just a little - how do I put this? - pissed off. And I can quite
understand why.

>From what I've been able to gather, Sean has worked his nuts off for
several months to engineer the Transporter to be the finest device he
could possibly build. It's his baby, and he probably feel very
protective towards it. So it's no wonder that when he starts hearing
about proposed modifications that, due to his intimate knowledge of how
the TP works, he is pretty damn sure are likely to actually degrade it,
he's gonna start being just a little less than polite to those who are
in some ways threatening his baby.

What's more, if a lot of modded Transporters start appearing on the
scene, and they turn out to be inferior to the stock item (as it seems
Sean is fairly certain they will be), then it's going to hurt the
reputation of the Genuine Article(tm).

I for one feel for Sean - I get the impression that he would *really*
like to let rip, but basic courtesy is making him bite his lip.

--
cliveb

Performers -> dozens of mixers and effects -> clipped/hypercompressed
mastering -> you think a few extra ps of jitter matters?