Sleestack;159486 Wrote:
> But well worth it...in the end you will learn much about your system and
> room and what really matters when it comes to getting good sound.  Most
> importantly, you will have aural bliss.
>
> You can wait years until advanced room correction becomes the norm and
> completely automated, but I encourage you to do your ears and brain a
> favor and go through the pains of learning now, whatever your solution
> may be.

I'm actually using the inguz drc right now.

I don't have a lot of knowledge, but I got the behavior to change a lot
by reading the drc docs and fiddling the config files, and the sound
right now is _way_ better than without it.

I've been wondering whether or not to learn how to use acourate instead
of using the inguz impulseprep utility, but, as I said, the learning
curve for acourate looks a little steep to me.

I agree with you: drc is pretty amazing.

--
totoro

squeezebox 3 -> mccormack dna .5 -> audio physic tempo 4