geraint smith;160156 Wrote:
> Yes, I'd say so, and yes, it certainly looks like a non-issue to me.
> Even if Apple could, by some fiendish means, (like the one Radish
> suggests - Nightmare!) retrospectively slap DRM on stuff that's already
> been ripped to ALAC, they'd be mad to try it. How could they possibly
> know what had been legally, and what illegally, coded into it? Think of
> the lawsuits!

I woudn't bet on it. The Microsoft Zune let's you send a music fil to
another user. The copy gets DRM'ed and can only be listened to three
times (in three days). No matter what the original file comes from!
Legal or not... And Apple is more DRM-happy than MS.

Tom

--
tomsi42

SB3, Rotel RC-1070/RB-1070, dynaBel Exact, Kimber Kable 4TC and Timbre.