tyler_durden;160344 Wrote:
> If you're asking questions like this, you are clearly not experienced
> with electronics.
>
> TD

Ah, yes, I prefer plumbing,
I did think pushing 6 volts into a 5 volt thing was a tad iffy, hence
the question

Don't you worry if I do actually build the thing I will check a good
number of times, 5 or 6 maybe, I have the poles right and the voltage
:) before my little SB gets it power from it.

Cheers all for the info on batteries, interesting stuff, but I gather
its not like I can go to my battery bag, tape a few together, approx
5volts, and plug the SB in to the home make volt store Oooo. I know not
enough to get it right I fear.

Cheers for the comments on Linear improvments too, have you tried the
attenuation mute trick? (if your on digi out)
If I do make a ps I will probably try my analogue outs again just to
see :)

The detailed list of RS bits seems to be a winner for me, just wondered
if the attenuation mute tweek yielded similar results as a linear ps -
if it does, I need not bother with the linear ps.  Oh I'm using the
coax digi out - should have mentioned that before - sorry.

--
Deaf Cat