Most power amps do not have volume controls; most power amps have on/off
switches.  Now, if you're talking about integrated amps, line stages,
and preamps, the vast majority certainly do have controls for volume,
channel switching, and so on.  Now, you're saying that a TactT S2150
doesn't have controls, including volume, on the front?  Yes, of course
it has a remote, as do most modern components.  But,  you're saying
that the S2150 doesn't have controls, including volume, on the front?

DVD players, and most CD players, do not have volume controls.  They do
have function buttons, though.  Some units do have volume controls, both
on the device itself and on the remote.

The bottom line is this: 1) remotes can fail and remotes can be lost --
this makes having controls on a component, as a fall-back, a good idea;
2) Sometimes you're fiddling with settings or just fiddling in general
very close to the component in question; in that case, it is generally
more convenient to use a manual control.

But, hey, you know more than the developers at Slim Devices, which is
no doubt why you will establish a much more successful audio business.

--
highdudgeon

Relax.  It's about the music.