adamslim;161466 Wrote:
> There's nothing wrong with your choice of amp; my main point is that
> your 601s wouldn't be getting the best out of it.
>
> My old Snell Type Es were perfect for that kind of valve amp, and they
> went for just over £100 on ebay (good job I got my Living Voices for a
> song too!) - all old Snells are great with valves.  And it seems they
> don't command much on ebay!
>
> But speakers are deeply personal.  I think you can't go too far wrong
> with anything from Dynaudio and Harbeth, but speakers all have a
> character - much more so than most other components - so my steak might
> be your offal.  Or my venison your lamb.  I like this image :)
>
> I have a chinese amp (a Ming-Da) driving a pair of Harbeth HLP3-ES
> speakers in my kitchen system which sound great too.  It doesn't go
> that loud (the Harbeths are quite low sensitivity), but it's plenty for
> my small kitchen.
>
> Adam

I'd be wary of pairing Dynaudios with a low power tube amp as they like
power and a lot of it. I listened to some that sounded_really_good, but
the amp was a KT-88 based PP design that had a lot of oomph.

--
ob_kook

SB2 --> Axiom passive pre --> Portal Paladin monoblocks --> Dynaudio
Contour 1.3 MKII