"A little disappointed" compared to my regular CD player, in my 'music'
setup.

Works fantastic in my HT setup, ...but, so does the Squeezebox [lol]
(HT has a 5.1 Integra receiver that was rated to be 'fantastic for
music' ;-) based on some people I asked around - obviously not those
that are crazy enough to listen to Quads or other mid-to-top-end audio
stuff)

Sorry about the slow responses, but I wanted to make sure the thing is
completely 'broken-in'  before I post my opinions.

Fyi, I've been running it continuously with various material from my
readyNAS (as well as the 'natural sounds' > Hard Thunder and Lightning
from the internet selections), for over 168hrs.

[Had relatives over in the weekend, and so couldnt do much]

Essentially -
- using FLAC for my music
- looks there is very little difference from time=0 and time=170hrs,
which was a bit unexpected - I've seen a lot of components that break
in and sound quite different 'straight out of the box.'
- material ranges from test CDs (eg Chesky), various well-recorded
'audiophile' labels like WaterLily Acoustics (fantastic recordings) to
'somewhat electronick-y' stuff - ranging from Pink Floyd, to Dire
Straits and others in that genre, to various classical pieces - mostly
from Baroque and Classical periods (eg. Bach's Brandenburg renditions -
Trevor Pinnock, and a bunch of other great recordings), as well as some
of my favorite Blues and Jazz recordings.

I was hoping to put a good list on the lines of
1. What I listened to,
2. What the Transporter sounded like,
3. and what the Arcam sounds like.

[My current summary: I think this is a fantastic product, and I will
*definitely* buy the MarkII or MarkIII Transporter or something
equivalent in the near future - no need for the 'intelligent knob']
:-)

More later...

--
ziggy