PhilNYC;163185 Wrote:
> ...much of it is personal preference.  However, you may also want to
> note the input sensitivity of the amp you are using.  In my experience,
> running direct to an amp with a high input sensitivity will have better
> results than one with lower one.
>
> ...my personal preference is strongly in the camp of using a
> preamp...and adding a good preamp really improved the sound in a lot of
> ways IMHO...better tone, more "meat" to the sound, deeper soundstage,
> etc.

Ditto!  I wanted to keep it as simple [pure] as possible but couldn't
really enjoy the SOUND.  Adding a good preamp (SinglePower MPX3 SE with
preamp out), I was able to max out the SB digital level yet didn't
detect any transparency loss.  In fact, everything improved.  Finally,
adding a good DAC (Altmann) really makes the system SING.

--
PaulB