So if you send digital output to a dac I assume that you should use
fixed digital out of either a SB or Transporter and then adjust volume
after entering analog domain, right?

How about when using analog out of Trasporter to a preamp. Any general
suggestions on where to adjust volume or how to figure the correct
ranges on each piece of gear?

The link to the Lavry site doesn't seem to work right. I get sent to
their general forum start and not to any specific topic.

I would like to suggest you should write a FAQ about this whole volume
setting as there does seem to be so much conflicting information given.

Thanks

--
wshields