I am seriously tempted to buy a Transporter...but I am having so much
fun with the stock SB3 I can't really justify it.

My system is Bryston 4b SST and JBL 250Ti's, so it is more than capable
of taking the SB3 apart if it wasn't up to scratch.  The SB3 really does
punch above it's weight.  It has a good boogie factor that I am actually
worried I may loose a bit with the Transporter.  I only listen to
pop/rock so 100% resolution isn't my aim - I want some grovve!

Unfortunately, I can't demo one near where I live (unless there's
someone here that lives in N. Ireland).

--
Andyoz