I just registered so here goes.

I bought a SB1 shortly after they were released and was totally taken
by the experience.  I had always been so so picky about sound quality,
and here was a piece of equipment that transcended all that.  No it
didn't sound nearly as good as my CDP, but the difference it made to my
musical enjoyment of my music collection was a revelation.

It took me a while to get good sound out of the SB1, and then along
came the SB2 and the sound quality I could get out of that was suddenly
in the ballpark (with mods and an outboard DAC that is).

So I am here because I am totally sold on the Squeezebox concept.

Enjoyment of music of all kinds (so long as it is the best of that
kind) is what I am about, but I also own an audio cable firm called
Antipodes Audio here in New Zealand, selling cables starting at USD100
up to USD2000.  All made with 99.99% pure gold and silver (no other
metals), and all insulated with pure raw cotton and air.

I don't believe in heavy use of blind testing.  Our cable designs were
developed using bursts of many rapid experiments with subjective
judgements.  Conclusions were drawn from these, and then these
conclusions were verified or refuted using blind testing.  Blind
testing never reversed any conclusions, but did cause us to decide
certain conclusions were either not supportable or not material.

I have joined this forum mainly because I am hoping to find ways to get
even more value out of my Squeezebox and maybe be convinced that my
heavily modified SB and outboard DAC can be bettered by the
Transporter.

--
Antipodes