As others have said above, I think there's some confusion here.  That
Krell is an integrated amp, meaning it has a volume knob.  So there's
no need to permanently turn down the Transporter's volume or add any
passive attenuation.

Just set the Krell's volume knob to a point so that, with the
Transporter at max volume, the sound is as loud as you would like (and
hopefully isn't clipping at that point!).  Then use the Transporter's
volume control for adjustments below that.

This is what I do with my SB3 going into a custom Odyssey power amp,
which has an adjustable passive attentuator built in.  In practice I
occasionally adjust the knob a bit so as to avoid turning the SB volume
down too far.

--
opaqueice