PhilNYC;169767 Wrote:
> I am under the impression that while bad reads aren't running rampant,
> perfect reads of audio data aren't as common as this either.

Perfect reads are very common.  I've ripped close to 1000 CDs now (as
have many others on this forum), so I have considerable experience with
this, and I ofen get bit-perfect reads (usually when I don't it's
because the CD is damaged).  The fact that the read is absolutely
perfect can be established with total confidence with a check bit
technique compared to an online database.  It's very easy to set up EAC
to do this (and I have), as well as some other programs.

So read errors are simply not an issue for undamaged CDs.

--
opaqueice