Pat Farrell;170266 Wrote:
> opaqueice wrote:
> > Pat Farrell;170248 Wrote:
> >
> >> Normally Behringer is not talked about as audiophile level gear.
> > I'm aware of that.  After doing some quite careful (but not terribly
> > extensive) listening tests, I no longer believe there are any
> audible
> > differences between amplifiers, so long as they are decent quality
> (as
> > this one is) and are not driven into or close to clipping.
> And you call yourself an audiophile?
> Such  * <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heresy>*heresy.
>
> Next you are likely to claim that there is no reason to spend $350,000
>
> for an amp,
> such as the one reviewed by TAS a while back.
>
> What about $1000 blocks of wood to hold up your $5000 speaker cables?
>
> --
> Pat http://www.pfarrell.com/music/slimserver/slimsoftware.html

It's not just any old block of wood: it has to be myrtle, and the tree
must have been cut down by a virgin on the night of a full moon.

Here's a link to my current favorite instance of this kind of
audiophoolery:
http://sixmoons.com/audioreviews/francktchang/resonators.html

As a friend of mine pointed out, if these things, given their size,
actually absorbed the amount of energy claimed, they would get so hot
they would ignite.....

--
totoro

squeezebox 3 -> mccormack dna .5 -> audio physic tempo 4