Phil Leigh;171328 Wrote:
> Mike - if the fibre didn't work properly (which it does) the Internet
> would grind to a processing halt as it is constantly reconsituting the
> damaged packets. Yes it happens occasionally of course. The point is
> that you only need about 11Mhz of clear bandwidth for toslink to be
> perfect - that's hardly stretching good fibre these days!
> Regards,
> Philre

??

Error correction over TCP/IP happens all the time - e.g. hence why
gamers/games use UDP because the there is no error correction and is
therefor faster - but you can suffer from packet loss - udp has no
error correction- which is why you often get parts of the image on a
game is missing or there are delays etc.

I was not saying the !intenet" doea not work. What I was saying is it
cannot be compared to audio trasfer from transort to DAC as it's not
over TCP. Therefore no error correction. Fibre backbones use error
correction.

I think we may be talking talking cross purposes - I'm not sure.

--
mikeruss