azinck3;171602 Wrote:
> Sorry for any confusion, I was just joking ;).

Me too, or being facetious at least. It was mainly an intro for the
comment that followed, to wit; A good power supply won't get _hot_ or
hum. The Transporter has transformers, yet the knob is the culprit of
mechanical noise. All X are not Y.

I have a power one and it doesn't get hot in the least, even saying
warm would be a stretch. They are designed to work in their spec'd temp
range, which is probably assumed to be forced convection cooled, so if
it's getting hot in the small enclosure I wouldn't use it anymore in
fear of the Sb being damaged. Mine was salvaged goods and does hum
slightly but like you said, the room has to be dead quiet and I have to
be within arm's reach.

--
Skunk