Skunk;172059 Wrote:
> Hi Eric.
>
> If you read the references, in order, they all lead up to making the
> last one seem outdated (it's almost 2yo). E.g. the volume control in
> the DAC *is* used now, which is precisely the point of the more recent
> link directly above it.

Are you sure about that?

My understanding is that PREAMP volume control is implemented in the
DAC, but VOLUME control is implemented in the CPU.

If you have any forum citations to clarify this I would appreciate
them.

I reordered the references to make the reading flow a bit more, but I
believe the above is still true.

Please let me know if I missed something; trolling the forums is rather
hard and i have not been here for all the previous conversations. Since
I haven't been in this forum long if you are sure I will remove the
confusing references.

--
Eric Carroll