Speaking of Chinese-made, I love my Onix SP3.  Link:
http://www.av123.com/products_category_pack.php?section=processors&brand=33

Right now, it's $1200 packaged together with some excellent monitor
speakers.  The speakers are slightly forward sounding, could be too
intense if you like a really laid-back sound, and this is a revealing
combo, but I think it's truly excellent for the price on anything but
poor recordings.  If you just want an amp and no speakers, don't buy
from AV123 (Onix's distributor), there are a few right now on Audiogon
for about $500-550

Also check out Srajan's review of this amp on 6moons.com.

But note that I only love this amp with the Telefunken smooth plate
ECC83 12AX7 input tube replacements I got from eBay for a little over
$50.  There are many Telefunken fakes out there; buy from someone
reputable.  The Telefunkens I got were marked GAP COMPUTOR.  They made
the sound slightly warmer and added a tiny bit of reverb.  Without
swapping the 12AX7 tubes, I was neutral on this amp.  Since these tubes
and the Bolder-modded linear PSU I got for my SB3, I haven't had the
desire to change anything on my system.  I'm using an Ack! dAck! 2.0
with ultra-resolution option as an outboard DAC.

--
JohnnyLightOn