davis;174957 Wrote:
> My SB3 is plugged directly via RCA/Phono cables into a NAD C372
> integrated amp, driving a pair of kit-built North Creek North Spirits.
> I tend to leave the amp at half-volume and use the SB3's volume
> control.
>
> As for mismatched levels, I'm not sure I can adjust anything... but I
> don't think I understand the question.

Mismatched levels is about the output voltage of the SB3 (2Vrms) vs the
input sensitivity of the power amp.

In your case, you indicated you have a integrated amp, so you have a
volume control to adjust the levels with. So, to be clear, you have the
SB3 digital volume control set near full volume and the NAD volume
control set half way.

Out of curiousity, do you hear this tone while music plays or just in
the silences between tracks?

--
Eric Carroll

Transporter-Bryston 3B SST-Paradigm Reference Studio 60 v.4
SB3-Rotel RB890-B&W Matrix 805
SB3-Pioneer VSX-49TXi-Mirage OM7+C2+R2