davis;174805 Wrote:
> I've had my SB3 for approximately one month now, and I'm loving it.
>
> However, I can hear an odd whistle in the right channel. I've done a
> bit of cable/port/source swapping and it would appear to be caused by
> the Squeezebox. The whistle's also on the headphone output.
>
> About the noise:
>
> It's pretty damn high (so I don't think it's a ground loop), but really
> quiet. It's pretty close to the top end of what I can hear, and it's
> only present with the squeezebox on. The left channel is pretty much
> silent.
> The noise is also always there (when the SB's on, obviously), so I
> don't think I'm hearing fridge compressor motors or anything.
>
> Normally I like to think I'm quite good at debugging this sort of
> thing, but I'm completely stumped now... does anyone have any ideas or
> tests which I can do?
>
> cheers
Given that neither I, nor others on this forum have this problem, and
that it occurs on the output of the headphone jack - meaning it is
completely internalised to the SB3, I'd suggest that this stray
oscillation or whatever it is, is perhaps the result of a component out
of tolerance, or some other fault, which would cause me to return it for
a swap.

--
peejay

After Silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible
is music - Aldous Huxley.