cliveb;175643 Wrote:
> But in hindsight, I might not have tried EAC using secure mode but with
> C2 capability switched off, so I'll give that a go and report back.
OK, I've just tried this again, making sure to try EAC with the C2
option set both ways. I also tried setting the "drive caches audio"
option on and off. In all cases, EAC continued to do lots of re-reads
before eventually reporting errors. (Plextools, meanwhile, gave a nice
clean rip - well, no audible glitches - when it was set to "no audio
error detection" and speed-limited to 4x).

--
cliveb

Performers -> dozens of mixers and effects -> clipped/hypercompressed
mastering -> you think a few extra ps of jitter matters?