totoro;176332 Wrote:
> That's the thing: we all know how easy it is to fool ourselves.
>
> If an actual vibration absorbing material were being used, it wouldn't
> be _quite_ as hilarious. But a really hard, dense, oily wood? I just
> don't see how that would absorb any serious amount of vibrations.

It may be more about modifying the resonances than absorbing them. It
may also be about lifting the SB3 an inch or so above a grounded
chassis (if it happens to sit on another box). Or it may be placebo.

I'm now going back and forth between two ways the SB3 is placed, and
I'd say there is a pretty marked difference in sound. (Using digital
out) I need to "confirm" when I can play at normal levels though.
Possible reasons? Who knows.. I will not rule out placebo any time
soon, that's for sure.

--
P Floding