P Floding;176817 Wrote:
> So what did the BDT-fetichists talk about? Recent diagrams? I guess
> saying no must be a favourite passtime of theirs. Pretty much
> everything measures "perfectly" nowdays (on the bench), so I don't see
> any reason at all to be interested in audio reproduction if you are a
> so-called objectivist.

This post sums up what really lies behind this debate.  It's not about
blind testing at all - it's about the fact that a large fraction of
audiophiles are obsessed with a set of things that don't make a bit of
difference to audio reproduction, and feel compelled to defend them.

The things that measure perfectly are the things that matter the least
- that's just a fact, sorry.  But have you ever measured the frequency
response of a speaker in a real room?  It's abysmal.  Has it ever
occurred to you to wonder why, even from down the hall, you can
distinguish music or voices playing through speakers from the real
thing?  It's not because you need to cryo treat your digital cables.
Have you considered the difference between two speakers, plus a
subwoofer, or using 3 speakers, 4, 5, more?  Those differences are
huge.  Room treatment, speaker placement, active crossovers?  Digital
signal processing, room correction, equalization?  Everthing there is
far, far more important than ebony hockey pucks.

But for some reason there's a group of people that bought into a myth
and can't get past it.  They hate BT because they can't deal with the
results.  They claim measurements don't matter for the same reason.
And they deride and attempt to silence (witness this thread) anyone
that dares disagree.

--
opaqueice