P Floding;176817 Wrote:
> So what did the BDT-fetichists talk about? Recent diagrams? I guess
> saying no must be a favourite passtime of theirs. Pretty much
> everything measures "perfectly" nowdays (on the bench), so I don't see
> any reason at all to be interested in audio reproduction if you are a
> so-called objectivist.
>
> I find it amusing to read the The Audio Critic, where a grumpy 80-year
> old man "reviews" things without ever, apparently, saying anyting about
> the sound. Makes you wonder what on earth he bothers with hifi for?
> (Missing gross crossover distortion in an amp, and stating that it will
> be as good as any other amp was quite funny.)

P, you're doing the strawman thing again :).

The "objectivist" label is frankly getting a bit stale, since it is
apparently being applied to anyone who doesn't believe in X, where X is
apparently any random unsubstantiated claim which could possibly impact
audio reproduction, and then used to reduce their position to Aczel's
or someone else from the distant past.

And again, it's presumptuous to assert that only someone interested in
what could uncharitably be called mysticism can possibly be called an
audiophile. Anyone who is interested in good sound and sound
reproduction is an audiophile. We've been over this ground before, of
course. Hopefully we can keep it civil at this point.

And again, "fetishism", in its original meaning, it something that
would apply most appropriately to people who believe in the efficacy of
something with little or no grounds for that belief: that would seem to
cut the other way to me.

--
totoro

squeezebox 3 -> mccormack dna .5 -> audio physic tempo 4