Music are like wine and food.

We are generally happy with what we have. The difference is that some
people are curious about new experiences.
We also have a certain minimum expectation (in terms of quality and
experience).
Music is like Wine for me I would rather have a little of good or very
good instead of loads of "bad" quality (hardware and music).

When Music is played in the background I generally have a higher
tolerance for "defects" but when I try to discover new music I like to
have it on an average to good system. Playing form the Ipod even with
200W speakers is ok for the background but not serious listening

>From my personal experience I can figure out in most cases if the sound
source is Lossy or not. In many cases I will just skip the lossy songs.

For some of the stuff I have there are just no digital copies so I have
to accept the "bad sound".
If somebody has a great idea to conver my early 1900 jazz records from
LP. I would be very happy. The conversion to Wav is not perfect.

--
klausbgva